Top Most Important MCQs of Suez Canal of Egypt
Here, you will find some Top Most Important MCQs of the Suez Canal which is now controlled by Egypt. The Suez Canal is an artificial sea-level waterway in Egypt, connecting the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea through the Isthmus of Suez and dividing Africa and Asia. Constructed between 1859 and 1869 by the Suez Canal Company formed by Ferdinand de Lesseps in 1858, it officially opened on 17 November 1869.
Top Most Important MCQs of Suez Canal Egypt
1. What two major bodies of water does the Suez Canal connect?
Answer: the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea
2. What country does the Suez Canal run through?
3. What two countries colluded with Israel to regain control of the Suez Canal after it had been seized by Egypt?
Answer: France and Great Britain
4. Who was the leader of Egypt during the Suez Crisis?
Answer: Gamal Abdel Nasser
5. What year did the Suez Canal first open?
6. What major superpower threatened to enter the conflict on the side of the Egyptians?
Answer: Soviet Union
7. True or False: After the crisis, the Suez Canal was open only to countries that were close allies with Egypt.
8. What public project did Nasser hope to pay for with the revenue from taking control of the Suez Canal?
Answer: Aswan Dam
9. How long did it take to build the Suez Canal?
Answer: 10 years
10. True or false: Nasser became a hero in the Arab world for his role in the Suez Crisis, while British Prime Minister Anthony Eden ended up resigning shortly after.
Consider linking to these articles: