List of Famous Geographical Epithets | General Knowledge MCQs
Here, you will have a List of Famous Geographical Epithets GK MCQs List. These famous States National Emblems of the World lists are given with a pdf download at the end. These General Knowledge MCQ of List of Famous Geographical Epithets questions and answers with solutions are equally important for FPSC, PPSC, SPSC, SPSC, KPPSC, BPSC, NTS and all other competitive exams of Pakistan. Thus, These are helpful For Nts Test, Ppsc Test, Fpsc Test, Bpsc Test, Spsc Test, Kpkpsc Test and Ajkpsc Test preparation.
Back | General Knowledge MCQs
GK World MCQs List of List of Famous Geographical Epithets
- What city is known as The worlds chocolate capital: Hershey Pennsylvania
- Which countries name translates as land of the free- Thailand
- The country known as the Land of Thunderbolts is Bhutan
- Rome is also known as “City of Seven Hills”.
- Penang is called the “Pearl of East”.
- “Sandwich Island” is called to Hawaii Island.
- Detroit is known as the Motor City.
- Britain of south is called to New Zealand.
- Buffer state of Asia is called to Afghanistan.
- Cockpit of Europe is called to Belgium.
- Crossroad of Western Europe is called to Belgium.
- Emerald Island is called to Ireland.
- Flower garden to Europe is called to Netherlands.
- Gift of Nile is called of Egypt.
- Great Britain of the Pacific is called to Japan.
- Island continent is called to Australia.
- Horn of Africa is called to Somalia.
- Key to Mediterranean is called to Gibraltar.
LAND OF _______
- Land of contrasts is called to Colombia.
- Land of free people is called to Thailand.
- Land of fertile fields is called to Algeria.
- Land of golden fiber is called to Bangladesh.
- Land of midnight sun is called to Norway.
- Land of milk and honey is called to Lebanon.
- Land of morning calm is called to Korea.
- Land of mighty rivers is called to Nigeria.
- Land of mountain is called to Nepal.
- Land of rising sun is called to Japan.
- Land of Thousand Island is called to Indonesia.
- Land of pure people is called to Pakistan.
- Land of white elephant is called to Thailand.
- Pillars of Hercules is called to Gibraltar.
- Playground of Europe is called to Switzerland.
- Remnant of mighty empire is called to Austria.
- Sorrow of china is called to Hawang Hoo.
- Switzerland of Africa is called to Swaziland.
- Site of Ancient Civilization is called to Iraq.
- Whiteman’s Grave is called to Guinea.
- Brasilia of Pakistan is called to Islamabad.
CITY OF ______
- City of angles is called to Bangkok.
- City of bazaars is called to Cairo.
- City of colleges is called to Lahore.
- City of conference is called to Geneva.
- City of cosmonauts is called to Moscow.
- City of eternal spring is called to Quito.
- City of golden temple is called to Amritsar.
- City of Golden Gate is called to San Francisco.
- City of mosques is called to Dhaka.
- City of parks is called to Kiev.
- City of palaces is called to Calcutta.
- City of pope is called to Rome.
- City of space flights is called to Cape Kennedy.
- City of peace is called to Baghdad.
- Forbidden City is called to Lahaska.
GATEWAY OF ______
- Gateway to the east is called to Beirut.
- Gateway to the gulf is called to Abu Dhabi.
- Gateway to India is called to Bombay.
- Gateway to Pakistan is called to Karachi.
- Little Pakistan is called to Bradford.
- Manchester of Pakistan is called to Faisalabad.
- Pyramid city is called to Cairo.
- Rose pink city is called to Jaipur.
- Windy city is called to Chicago.
- Lusitanian is the alternative name of Portugal.
- Emerald Island is called to Ireland.
- Land of Prophets is called to Palestine.
- Yellow River is known as China’s Sorrow because of devastating floods.
- Gibraltar of the west is said to Quebec.
- Zambia is known as “country of Copper”
- Albania means the “Land of Eagles”.
- Argentian means “Like Silver”.
- Bahrain means two seas.
- Brazil means “Red wood”.
- Costa Rica means “Rich coast”.
- Cyprus means “Land of copper”.
- Guuatnemala mean “Land of Eagles”.
- Jamaica means “Good water”.
- Kuwait means “Fort”.
- Liberia means “Land of free people”.
- The Netherlands means “low land”.
- Nigeria means “a great river”.
- Sierra Leone means “Lion Mountains”.
- Singapore means “city of lions”.
- Sudan means “Land of black people”.
- Turkey means “Land of Turks”.
- Which country is popularly called ‘The Land of the Maple Leaf’? Canada
- Mistress of the Eastern Seas is epithet referred to Sri Lanka.
- Hong Kong is called as Pearl of the Orient.
- Which worlds city is known as The Golden City Prague Czech
- What place was nicknamed “The Pearl of the Orient”-Manilla – Philippines
- What countries name translates as lion mountains- Sierra Leone
- What place is nicknamed “The City of Lilies”- Florence
- Mesopotamia means- Between two Rivers
General Knowledge MCQ questions and answers with solutions
|Mountain MCQs||World River MCQs|
|Mountain Pass MCQs||Island of the World MCQs|
|Ocean MCQs||First, Largest, Biggest & Oldest|
|Sea Port MCQs||Desert MCQs|
|Straits MCQs||Border Lines MCQs|
|Cities on River Bank MCQs|| National Emblems MCQs
General Knowledge Mcqs:
The section General Knowledge Mcqs consists of World Geography, Atmosphere, Science & Literature, events Mcqs, Current Affairs Mcqs, Pakistan Affairs Mcqs and International Organizations. These general knowledge questions are very important for all types of exams conducted by Fpsc, Nts, Kppsc, Ppsc, Spsc, Bpsc, Ots, Uts, Pts, Cts, Ats, ETEA and other testing agencies of Pakistan.